An ode to our once lovely long locks.
Mary and I have gone through many fashion and beauty phases, including wearing fake french tips and lusting after knock off designer duds. Luckily, we can look back and laugh. But recently, while scouring over old photos, I realized just how much I miss my long, blonde locks. I’ve had short hair now for three years, and frankly, I need a change. With extensions an unrealistic option for me, I was curious how I could get my hair to grow faster than it’s normal snails pace. Here are a few length infusing tips from this month’s Bazaar to use when growing out your hair.
1) Go Natural – Over washing your hair can cause dry, dull and damaged hair. Regularly, skip the shampoo and just condition. But when you do shampoo make sure it’s sulfate free like L’oreal Paris Ever Pure Moisture Shamppo ( $6.99).
2) Give Your Scalp a Rub Down - That’s right! Just a 30 second massage in shanghai before you shower can stimulate your hair follicles adding an extra inch to your hair every year!
3) Take Your Vitamins – Taking a multi vitamin daily is crucial to the growth process. Make sure your vitamins are jammed packed with protein like fish oils and omega 3!
4) Give Your Hair Special Treatment – Every 8 weeks or so, go get a Keratin treatment. Keratin smoothes out your texture so there is less need for hot tools or dryers. Because going to the salon every 8 weeks can be expensive, we recommend using Paul Mitchell’s Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intense Treatment ($16.95)
5) Put the Brush Down – The old fashioned rule of 100 strokes a day seems dated. And it is. So don’t do it. In fact, the less you brush the better. Try a messy bun in the morning instead.