I usually stick to one or two beauty routines that involve tinted moisturizer, bronzer, mascara, and if I’m really going for it: liquid liner and a bright lip. Rarely do I pull out the eyeshadow palette — but last night, I did a little smokey eye, and I just loved it! I received quite a few compliments too.
That’s a good one for me: I do nothing and then when I do a little people go crazy. Take for instance working out, I eat like crazy, rarely exercise then when I run for a week or two, everyone goes crazy for my tone. Haha… I figured I’d share the secret of this easy evening look with you by revealing what’s in my beauty bag.
1. LA Girl Pink Tutu Eyeshadow – I love this shimmery, light color as a base. I bought it at a cheapy mall store for $2.99. I simply apply it over my entire eye up to my eyebrow to add definition and a light highlight to my browbone.
2. Laura Mercier Eyeshadow in Black Karat – This is amazing! It goes on much more sheer than it looks and is easy to blend and play with. Plus, it has some green and gold tones in it which works well for my complexion. I use this to cover my eyelid, adding a little bit extra in the outer crease.
3. NYC City Curls Mascara – I picked this up on sale at the drugstore, and it works well. I’m not a believer of having to spend a lot on mascara. In combination with an eyelash curler, you can have Fabulously long lashes no matter your wand.
4. Rimmel Bronzer in Sun Dance – I just love this bronzer. It retails under $5, and it isn’t too orange or too shimmery. It just adds a subtle bit of tan and definition that I crave.
5. Neutrogena Glow Sheers Tinted Moisturizer – I like sheer coverage and a bit of a dewy look, so I keep it minimal on foundation. I used to use Clarins Tinted Moisturizer which I loved more than anything — SERIOUS devotee! It was perfection but they discontinued it, and I haven’t found anything I like as much since. I tried the Laura Mercier but the packaging was flawed, and I kept having leaks all over my make up bag. Then I tried Neutrogena, and that’s where I’m at now. Truthfully, I want Clarins to come back and/or Laura Mercier to revise their packaging.
6. Damone Roberts Eyebrow Pencil in Minx – Leah and I were fortunate enough to meet with Mr. Damone himself in his Beverly Hills salon. Dubbed the “King of Eyebrows,” he has worked on everyone from Beyonce to Oprah to Megan Fox. I covet Megan Fox’s eyebrows, and come to find out, she uses this pencil in this color. It has great application and lasts forever. I am a new Damone devotee!
7. Mac Eye Kohl in Smolder – The LBD of eye pencils: This has THEE best application. It glides on easily, giving an quick, great look. Every girl needs a good black pencil. (TIP: If your liner is not soft give it a quick blow dry to warm it up. And I do mean QUICK. You can also rub it between your fingers. This helps the glide factor.) I follow my top & bottom eyelash line and smudge the line on my upper lid with a brush or Q-tip, then I reapply the pencil on top to create dimension and extra definition.
8. Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers – This is one of my most favorite beauty products EVER! I’ve talked about it a million times, and I’ll never stop. I’ve used it since childhood, and it has the PERFECT color. Plus, it smells and tastes like Dr. Pepper. Sometimes I’ll add to cheek, brow bone, and lip when it’s low maintenance kind of day. It works wonders!!
I hope this was helpful! I’m actually creating a short video of this tutorial if you’re interested. I’ll link to it once it’s live!
Are you into the smokey eye? Any tips or products I should know about?
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!